
A few weeks ago I decided it was time to get Ellie a new bike. She loved hers, but had just outgrown it. We sold hers on KSL in July and then found the perfect one (now that they make 18 inch bikes - woo hoo) for her on August 7th.
We decided to test drive it the next day. We had to go get a new helmet and pads because she had outgrown them too!
I love the Jordan Parkway Trail so I found a section along the trail that was 1.5 miles long and had five parks along the ride. We started at one park and rode to each park, stopped to play, and then ended at the last park. We got rained out and didn't make it all the way back before sending Kevin for the car - but Ellie rode 2.5 miles!
I was amazed at how well she did up and down the hills. When we first started she kind-of tipped over on her new bike and I thought that was the end of it. She tends to be really reserved and does not like to feel uncomfortable - but she just got back on and rode the entire way! She was tentative down the first few hills, but got more comfortable and did every single one. It was also fun to watch her power her little legs up the steeper hills.
Ellie had a few tip overs...Kevin had one...and I almost had one...I think that made Ellie even more comfortable to know that she wasn't the only one that wasn't always 100% steady on the bike. :)
If the darn rain would stay away from Saturday this summer we could do it again!


No comments:
Post a Comment