We met Debbie for dinner at Rumbi - last year Carrie (Kevin's sister) was in Utah and loved Rumbi. Debbie and Carrie have similar tastes so she knew she wanted to try it. After a successful dinner Debbie, Kevin and Ellie headed off to the pool. (I had to work - curse - curse.)
Debbie, like my mom, LOVES the sun. They will be lizards together in the next life. So the next day was all the sun we could handle. We went to the Gardens at Thanksgiving Point in the morning. It is so beautiful there. We were by the ponds and Ellie told us that is where she went to look for frogs with her summer camp. Debbie has an incredible eye for frogs. She found one and then another. I think the rest of us would have just stood there looking at lily pads all day. A few weeks after Debbie left Ellie was looking for little wet spots on my car for Kevin to dry and Kevin said..."You're so good at finding the spots" Ellie said, "I am good at looking for spots, but your mom is good at looking for frogs!"
Being a little bold for lunch we took Debbie to Cafe Rio. It's bold because she's not particularly fond of Mexican food. She loved it (how can you not...it's Cafe Rio!) and we were glad because it's one of our favorites.
In the afternoon we headed off to the lake. This is the trip Ellie earned the Hubba Bubba and I earned the black eye. I am proud to say that both Debbie and my mom water-skied. Debbie hadn't in several years and my mom hadn't since her shoulder surgery. All I have to say is I hope I'm as hip as them when I'm a grandma.
Saturday we headed to Park City to ride the Alpine Slide and the Alpine Coaster. Ellie was a little nervous at first and while we were waiting in the line for the coaster said - "This is lamo-brothers." But after the ride she LOVED it and said... "It was just the line that was lamo-brothers." I have to agree...the line in the hot sun was lamo-brothers.
There was a giant bounce house nearby so we let Ellie play in it while we cooled off in the shade with lemonade. I can't believe how much energy a kid has. Ellie just kept going!
Sunday my mom had us all over for dinner and crafts. Ellie loves crafts at my mom's and I think it's something she will always remember. I remember playing cards and Yahtzee at my Grandma and Grandpa Casto's house and Pick-Up Sticks and Jacks at my Grandma Heath's. Things I will never forget. Thanks mom for always planning fun memories.
And thanks to Debbie for coming to visit! Come back soon!

1 comment:
How fun! I love Ellie's little outfits. She is so beautiful.
So, I read your comment in my blog. Did you say something about visiting? That'd be AWESOME!! Tell your mom she should come too! We'll take you guys to some fun places!
Post a Comment