
My dad died seven years ago today. I miss him. One of the things I miss the most is something I never got to have - him as a grandpa for Ellie. I know he would have been an excellent, quiet, gentle and sweet grandpa to his granddaughters.
When Garred and I were married we got a little kitten (Gus) and one weekend we went out of town and needed a sitter. My dad was not fond of cats, but my mom had agreed it would be okay, and Gus spent the majority of the weekend on my dad's lap - and I'm pretty sure he enjoyed it.
I also remember a time at one of our family reunions one of the little girl cousins finding his lap for the evening campfire.
I can see why both would find his lap welcoming and how I probably spent many hours in the same lap and wish Ellie had that opportunity.
There is so much more I remember and so many ways I know how great it would have been but I'll leave it there for now as this is something I will never get to see in this life and I am sad for it. I am sad for Ellie to not know him.
I miss a lot of things about my dad, but on Ellie's blog and today - that is what I miss the most.

4 comments:
I love you Brooke.
Oh your dad got me out of trouble a couple times. I always thought he was one sweet man.
I'm so soooo thankful for Temples and for knowing we can be with our dear ones one day.
Crazy that 7 years has gone by. He was a really handsome guy.
Aww, friend. That is hard. I can only imagine the times you must miss him randomly. You look a lot like him--if you ask me. And fun that your mom has his same hairstyle. :) Love you lady!
Post a Comment