Wednesday, October 15, 2008

My Shoes

Ellie likes to wear my shoes. I remember liking to wear my mom's boots. Maggie (from Maggie and the Ferocious Beast) likes to wear her mom's shoes, but she got tired walking in them.

When I was in bed a couple of nights ago I thought about five people whose shoes I would like to wear.

Ellie
Garred
Kevin
My mom
Christ

I want to feel the pains that shape their person.

(So maybe I could help with the healing.)
I want to feel the happiness that they enjoy.
(So maybe I could give more of it.)
I want to understand how their mind works.
(So maybe I could be more understanding.)

I want to walk in their shoes for a little while, but like Maggie, I’m sure I would get tired.

6 comments:

andersons said...

What a great post. It makes me think about whose shoes I would like to walk in. Love- cally

@mie said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Kate said...

Very thought provoking.
By the way, I love the "I just want to wear green." What a doll.

Angela said...

I finally figured out that you were "why not"! :) I absolutely love this blog. It always makes me laugh. Ellie is so great! I love the videos of her singing. So cute!

LivingstonClan said...

Such great thoughts Brooke! Look at you, being all profound. I'd like to walk a while in YOUR shoes, I'm interested to see what I'd see. Hmm... Love you Brooke!

audge8 said...

Wow Brooke... a poet...thanks for making me think this morning.