The second habit is that she won't sleep in her own bed, coupled with the third habit which is she won't go to bed by herself. It is not uncommon to wake up with feet, arms or legs in my face. One morning it was even a fat lip! When she turned four we bought her new sheets and a new night light and she had two successful nights in her own bed. After the newness wore of, she was back in mine. I have to admit that I like the bed partner - so maybe that's why I'm slow to try to change this habit.
Nevertheless - I've decided to break one habit at a time, or at least try. I have successfully (at least for now) started putting her to bed by herself. It's still in my bed instead of hers, but I think it's a start. Minnie Mouse has become my replacement for the first part of the night.
This is the first successful night where she went to bed by herself and she is not sucking her thumb! I think this is a great victory for her. If I had the same amount of self control I am requiring from Ellie, I probably wouldn't look like a candidate for the Biggest Loser.

No comments:
Post a Comment