For some reason I just love when Ellie puts these gloves and her big diamond ring on. She still loves to play and dress-up and roll playing are a large part of what she does. She was lucky to have both Luke and Isabel to play with. Some days we are just screaming for a friend!
Ellie had a Valentine date with her dad this year, so we celebrated on Friday along with the school. Ellie did her Valentine's for her class in January. She had them ready two weeks before the school party. She did them all by herself this year - it took her two afternoons.
Last year she took one of her own Valentine's to give to herself and she did it again this year. It cracks us all up.
After school she went through all of her Valentine's (some were so incredible) and then Kevin and I gave her our gifts. Kevin gave her a DS game and new case, he's so nice to her. I debated over one of my gifts, a boy Barbie, I'm not sure why. The other was a gift I will never forget giving because her reaction was so incredibly sweet.
Hallmark had books that you can record your voice to each page. So I bought one and recorded it and gave it to Ellie for Valentine's. She was so touched by each page. She loved it so much she took it to show Grandma and Garred. When she was done with it she said, "Oh, you did that? That's so cute." It was just her sweet reaction to it. I love when I catch her listening to it.
Speaking of sweet. One night Ellie and I were playing before bed and we needed to get some reading in, so I had her read a book to her "friends" - she had them all set up in three piles (the toys I was playing, she was playing and Kevin was playing) and then read them a book. I just loved it. I have one sweet kid and February had just a few examples.

No comments:
Post a Comment