Ellie is celebrating Brooke style, which means for several days in a row. We went to the store to pick out what she wanted on her cake, what kind, etc. Then on Sunday we made the cake together and decorated it with what she picked out. It was a "jungle" theme. She picked out luau plates and napkins to serve it on. We were both pretty excited about how it turned out. When we were making it she said, "I adore chocolate cake." Looks to me like she may also enjoy frosting.
Uncle Jed came for dinner and helped us sing and eat cake and celebrate. Ellie adores chocolate cake and also adores uncle Jed. They had fun playing a new game he got her and filling up her bubble gum machine.
Sunday night we were laying in bed together and I said, "Ellie, thanks for being the best five year old ever. I am excited for six." We had talked about six being when she stops sucking her thumb so then I said, "This is your last night sucking your thumb - ever." She said, "I know, that's why I gotta suck it good!"
Monday morning she was up early reading books when I went in to wish her happy birthday and get her ready for school. She wanted to open one present before school so I gave her one, LPS DS game. It was the perfect gift before school because she got to play it all the way in the car ride there. She was really excited about it.
After school, Kevin picked up some balloons I ordered and bought Ellie some flowers and had them on the table with her presents when she got home. She was surprised to see it. It took her a minute to realize the flowers were for her (Kevin usually brings flowers for me) but then she was so excited to have her own flowers...and even today she told him she loved them and thanked him again for them.
Grandma came over, we opened presents, and then Grandma took her to lunch at Cafe Rio (Ellie's choice) and had a hard time finding the one in American Fork. Ellie told her to call me. My mom asked Ellie if she thought I was smarter than her and Ellie simply said, "You are lost Grandma." It cracked my mom up. Ellie was smart to point out that the issue was not who was smarter, but grandma was lost and I could help her find Cafe Rio. Grandma stayed a bit to play Ellie's new Polly Pockets - Ellie loves a play mate. (I just forgot to take a picture - darn it.)
Ellie has a cute little friend from school that we bring home each day. Her name is Elisabeth, but she also goes by Ellie, so they are Ellie L and Ellie S in school. Ellie's mom just opened a shoe and pedicure boutique so she treated Ellie to a manicure and a pedicure. Ellie S also gave her the new Princess Tiana barbie, which happens to be Ellie's favorite princess right now. The girls are so cute together and it was so nice of them.
Garred had a skating party for her at Classic Skating. She had her cousins Kamri, Addie and Analia there. I was able to stay for a bit and it was cute to watch them. Garred did the party up right with PeiWei and cupcakes and Ellie had a blast.
To continue in the celebration, we are headed to Disneyland next week and taking cousin Mason. Mason doesn't know it yet so it will be a fun surprise for everyone!
Ellie is such a good kid, it's fun to celebrate with her. Happy Birthday Ellie! I'm so thankful for the past six years I've had to raise Ellie and be a part of her life. I'm so glad she has an excellent dad. She is incredible and like I told her in bed on Sunday, I am excited for six!

1 comment:
I want to be her! I wish I was celebrated that much! =) I love the story of your mom being lost. Smart girl!
Post a Comment