The other day I went downstairs and Ellie had little boxes of her stuff. She looked at me at said, "I like to organize" - "See how organized everything is?" - "Isn't it pretty?"
This cracks me up for two reasons. First because she actually enjoys organizing...as do I. There is some kind of peaceful release from it. Like when my house is freshly cleaned, my world is right for a bit. I can relax. Second, she finds it attractive, as do I. Organization just makes things look better, you always know where stuff is, and stuff organized in color or shape or patterns or whatever, is really quite pretty.
I wonder if she's in for a future of "don't hit the blinds!" -- something I got from my mom (just kidding mom.)

2 comments:
I hope at least one of my children develops my love of organizing. So far, I'm not seeing it in any of them. What a great little girl you have!!
Or "don't burn the blinds as Angela did once at grandma's house!" =)
Post a Comment