November was pretty much life as normal. On the first of the month we got our first bit of snow and we also decorated for Thanksgiving. I think I mentioned in the October post how much Ellie and I enjoy it. I think it's been extra fun for me this year to do in the new house. We've had to buy a few new things and find new spots for old things.
I try to teach Ellie the value of Thank- you cards. We are good at it some of the time, and no so good at other times, but it's something my mom taught me to do and I really appreciate it. So Ellie took a break from decorating to write one to our neighbors for their Halloween gift. I do not help her with the cards, other than ask her if she will do one. I just loved this one. The curly letters and crazy picture. I LOVE her imagination. This is what she said about this one, "Look at the pigs…they’re flying…I do good pigs don’t I?"
On the 4th we spent some time with our Sorensen friends making turkeys.
On the 5th we got more snow and on the 6th, more crafts - this time with Grandma and Uncle Jed. Ellie decided to go off-course, but look at the concentration Jed has - crafting can be serious business (wait until I get December done - Kevin takes gingerbread houses insanely seriously.)
On the 8th, guess what? More crafts. It was cold the first couple weeks in November so Leea and I tried to give the girls something fun to do inside on our Tuesday date. I loved how these little boats turned out. All month I was in search for a ship to decorate with...never found one, but I found this craft and it was fun.
11/11/11 is the day Kevin has waited for his entire life. He sent me a text with a clock at 11:11:11 on 11/11/11. Ellie - not as much interested in that as she was her party that night for her school friend Grace. It was good for us to meet Grace. She lives fairly close to us and so far as been a pretty good friend.
On the 12th we started the day with the Buckeye's game. It was a good game with a rough ending. But every time Ellie would run around Kevin and do her cheer they would seem to do a bit better. Don't mind Kevin's insanity in this video, it's mild for him.
That night Grandma treated us to Disney on Ice. We had such a fun time. Grandma brought Ellie her favorite treat. Ellie had been on the hunt for Bottlecaps for a few weeks. Leave it to Grandma to find them. Oh - and we got a really good laugh about almost getting that guy's crack in the background.
A few minutes after sitting down we heard our names and Analia was just a few rows behind us. A couple of years back we also ran into her at Princesses on Ice. Click "here" for that picture. Crazy how that worked out and how much they have grown - we should have planned to go with her!
Ellie must have been hopped up on Bottlecaps after the show because at home she was crazy and doing a funny little Ellie-only show. Notice the Minnie bow that Grandma bought for Ellie after I told her no. ;)
Every now and again Ellie likes to help with the chores around the house. On the 16th she wanted to help with the garbage cans. They are pretty heavy and down our steep driveway is no easy task. Solid work Ellie.
Ellie at bath and bed time can be quite entertaining as I'm sure I've mentioned.
While putting her to bed one night we had this conversation. The preface - Ellie has said the word "minion" for years. In case you don't know, a minion is a follower devoted to serving his master relentlessly. In Despicable Me they are the little yellow men. Also in October Ellie met midgets at Kevin's Halloween party. Now that you have that background - here is the bedtime story I got.
"What if I was the mom and you were the daughter? I would be a really small mom and you would be a really big daughter!" She pauses and thinks..and then says, "Then I'd get all the good shoes, but when I got to work, I'd be the minion."
I was laughing at the shoe part and told her to tell Kevin. She told him and he asked what a minion was. She said, "You know, you have minions at your work." I just love how she combined the two. We got a really good laugh out of it.
Another night Kevin was putting her to bed. She tooted and said to him, "If you were a chipmunk you would’ve been dutched oven by that one!" Kevin was uncontrollably laughing.
And one other night Kevin and Ellie planned her inventions: Pee-jamas, so you could pee in them at night. And then they planned the wiper and the replace - if you got the replace and the wiper, it would be a little more expensive. If you just got the pee-jamas then it would be like $10, to get the replace and the wiper it would be like $20.
Like I said, very silly and entertaining at night around here.
On the 22nd, another Sorensen Tuesday play-date. (As a side-note the girls have gotten very used to these dates and DO NOT like if we miss.) I had planned to do a cooking craft with the girls but I wanted to try it first. Glad I did because they were a disaster - this is the only one that actually semi-resembled a turkey. I just decided to finish them out myself, but the girls had a good time eating them.
The month to this point was good - it was pretty normal and good and I've probably glossed over it mostly because it was pretty normal, but the rest of it was oh so much fun that it needs it own post. But just as a preview - the rest of November involved Vegas, Thanksgiving, and the beginning of our Christmas month of celebration. Hopefully that post will happen before next Christmas.
But to tide you over until then here are a few Ellie extras:
- My downer lip (referring to her bottom lip)
- I want the hick-downs (instead of the hick-up) so they can be tootie-rooties instead.
- I like old guys, except if they smoke. Old guys look nice.
- Mac and disgusting (referring to the mac and cheese at school)

No comments:
Post a Comment