Ellie has cute friends, I just wish more lived closer to us. Yet since they don't I worked from a friend's house on two Friday afternoons in January. Ellie got to play with Sage and Taj and I got to see an adult. I love the flexibility of my job for this reason.
I guess January can't be all bad if you put some monster truck racing in it, right? It was so loud we had to get Ellie some "gear" but after that she was all set and enjoyed the noise and speed along with the rest of us. Now when we see big trucks she always says "That's almost as big as a Monster truck." She wanted to know how they make them so big. I had a hard time explaining a lift kit and huge tires...I should have called Uncle Jed.
Of course, Grandma does her part each month to make it great - this month it was snowman crafts, and at the end of the month - heart cookies (an early treat for Uncle Jed's Valentine's gift.)
We did get away from the house a couple more times in January - once for a great day of Boondocks and our first visit to The Cracker Barrel. Ellie discovered a new game at Cracker Barrel and loved it. We looked in their store for it, but couldn't find one. Kevin's dad does a lot of wood work and the game is pretty simple so I told him he should ask his dad to make one for Elie when Kevin was in Ohio. Mickey (Kevin's dad) was busy doing some other things that week, but the sweet man went over to the Cracker Barrel in Ohio and found one for Ellie. She was so excited and played it non-stop when Kevin brought it home. She has got down to two remaining pegs - as has Kevin. I am the reigning champion - I have taken it to one several times now. (I have to take my victories where I can - Kevin and Ellie beat me at most everything else.)
We also made it out of the house on Martin Luther King Day (Ellie also got a new cousin this day - Mason has a new little brother, Titus - we can't wait to see him!) First we had to go to Elase for my first laser hair removal treatment. I wouldn't normally write about it, but Ellie was with me and will not go back. "Mom, that stinks so bad and I hate to wear those glasses, I will NOT go again." Oh that kid cracks me up. It did stink and it HURT. (I made the next appointment when she was in school.) After putting her through such torture I rewarded her and took her and Izzy to Kangaroo Zoo. They were non-stop and were sweating like grown men by the time we left. A few times they had to run and escape this crazy little boy that kept chasing them.
At the end of the month I took the 'single ladies' home for a sleep over. I called them that and then they were singing the song the entire way home - and the entire way back the next day. I'm pretty sure we listened to it a good 15 times.
We ended the month on a great note with Jack and the Beanstalk at the Children's Theatre. Ellie loves it - and I love that she loves it. She is already talking about when we can go to the next one.
Oh - and I almost forgot - Ellie lost her second tooth. She wasn't into prodding it along this time with floss - she just wanted it to fall out on its own - which it did. As it got looser and looser she would play with it. On the 16th she was on the floor playing and went to touch it and it just came out. She was excited and the tooth fairy visited her again.
So I guess if Ellie is in your life, no month (even January) can be all bad.

No comments:
Post a Comment