Friday, August 8, 2008

#@&!

There is always the first time your kid surprises you with a word you had no idea was in their vocabulary. As I kid I remember getting a few mouthfuls of soap for some of my more creative ones.

Last August I took Ellie to Oklahoma to visit Kevin's family. While we were there we went to a local amusement park and spent most of the day on rides Ellie was tall and brave enough to ride. There was a wild rapids ride with a big tube where 8 people sat in a circle. The ride goes through waterfalls and rapids and of course there is a huge potential of getting wet. Ellie was three and not really vocal in larger groups. We all wanted to go and she met the requirements. She was not too excited to be on the ride but hesitantly she went. Of course she was in the right place at the wrong time and got soaked under a waterfall. Ellie had the most annoyed, disgusted look on her face and out of nowhere when it was silent after the laughter (from everyone else) she threw her hands up in disgust and said, "I'm so freaking wet!" I was so surprised but couldn't keep from laughing. I had never heard her say that word before and didn't know she had ever heard it. The timing and delivery were perfect for a three year old. No soap required.

No comments: