Monday, August 4, 2008

Taking my mother's advice

Like all mothers, mine likes to give advice. When I'm smart I take it. My mom happens to be really sly about giving it, never direct but in a side comment as if not even really in the conversation. My trained ears (as do my brothers') are well aware of when it is coming and meant to be heard. Since my daughter was born, I have heard this one piece of advice countless times..."I hope you are writing all of this down." I assume this piece of advice comes from a wise mother who knows how fast time goes and wishes she could still have the sweet years of raising little children fresh in her mind. Or maybe she would just like to look back to see that I was at one time enjoyable. Regardless, my daughter does something each day and often several times a day that I adore. Here is my attempt to "write it down."

Thanks Mom.

(Please excuse the attempt to also play catch-up for the past few years!)



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love your mom! I should give her a call.