Ellie and I live in Pleasant Grove (PG,) Utah. In June each year the city has 'Strawberry Days' which include a Miss PG pageant, a parade, a carnival, a rodeo, and of course strawberries and cream in the park. This year as we settled in at the radio (the way Ellie says it) with our strawberries and cream the typical events were taking place....the American Flag, the Mayor, the Grand Marshal, were all being presented on horseback. The ever so lovely Miss PG royalty were then paraded around for their grand appearance. Ellie looked at me with a contended smile on her face...
"Hey mom, are you thinking what I'm thinking?"
"I don't know baby, what are you thinking?"
"Princesses and Ponies"
"What?"
"Princesses and Ponies"
I wasn't thinking the same thing or at least not in the same way as my daughter, but I sure wish I had been.
I don't think there were ever two greater words spoken at a radio.
"Hey mom, are you thinking what I'm thinking?"
"I don't know baby, what are you thinking?"
"Princesses and Ponies"
"What?"
"Princesses and Ponies"
I wasn't thinking the same thing or at least not in the same way as my daughter, but I sure wish I had been.
I don't think there were ever two greater words spoken at a radio.

No comments:
Post a Comment