Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Izy fo' shizzy.

Ellie was so lucky to have the cutest friend live by us for two years. Isabel (we always called her Izy) and Ellie first met in the summer of 2008 when Ellie was four. We had lived in PG for about two years and we were so excited to have a friend. Isabel and Ellie were good friends from the beginning - but over the two years they lived by us their friendship grew, they played more and more often, they were in the same dance group for two years, and really they just became the best of friends. We all really loved her.

Izy would pop by and we could always tell it was her from her distinct ring and knock. I admit that even when Ellie wasn't home I enjoyed opening the door to Isabel's happy face. She always greeted me with a smile and a hug. She let me treat her like my own. She really just fit right in.


Isabel and her family moved in October. When her mom told me I was crushed for Ellie, but really for all of us. We are all sad not to have Izy around. We miss her visits and having a friend so nearby to play even if for just 15 minutes. We miss her sweet nature and her happy little face.

Izy's last night in Utah was a school night, but we just had to have her sleep over. It was the only sleep over they ever had, but it was just one of many fun times they had together.


I often look out my window at Izy's garage and wish I could see her on her way over to our house. As I was posting this blog Ellie said, "Oh, I miss Izy."

1 comment:

Angela said...

How sad! Bailey's BFF is moving next summer and we are so sad! Ellie and Izzie have the cutest pictures together!