Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Girls' Night

Ellie and I like to take advantage of a little girl time when we can. We get our clothes on, we do our hair, we make sure we have lip gloss and then we go out.


Back in August it was still warm so we put our sandals on and had a pedicure, Ellie slipped in a nail polish too. Then we got some really healthy snacks and went to see Despicable Me. Ellie is so fun to go out with one on one. I love that she now enjoys doing some of the same things as me, yet still enjoys her own things.






Something else we do just as girls is watch So You Think You Can Dance. It's one thing Kevin doesn't really care to do with us. :) For my birthday in September he gave me two tickets to the live tour and even though it was a school night, I knew Ellie would be my date.

We started with getting ready, then Ellie chose Noodles for dinner (her favorite) and then we rushed to the dance. We were running a little behind and I had forgotten money for parking...Ellie was so stressed out we were going to miss some of it. I think I have passed my "stress-out in tight situations" onto Elie. Fortunately, we arrived in plenty of time. We had great seats right next to the stage and had fun watching the dancers we had just seen on TV a few weeks prior.






Ellie is for sure girlie in the things she likes to do and see, I just hope girl time with mom continues for years to come!

No comments: