Garred took her to meet with their Bishop and she was a bit nervous, but he helped her to know what to expect. Garred worked with her and helped her understand a bit better. Ellie wasn't nervous about the decision, she was nervous about the event. She is 100% like me in that she likes to know what is happening, when and how. Any uncertainty causes anxiety.
Kevin and I took her shopping to get a new dress for the day. She wanted an all white dress and after trying on several, we finally found the perfect one. Then we went and found the perfect white shoes and she was pretty well prepared.
The year prior we went to her cousin Mason's baptism in California and she had a lunch at the church after. Ellie wanted the same thing, but we were unable to do it at the church so instead we did it at Garred's house. My mom made some sandwiches and I made a salad and some treats. Ellie wanted me to make these sticky trail mix treats which I wasn't sure how to do in a large setting, but I made it work. I made it and then disbursed it into individual bags for people to have (rather than everyone sticking their hand in the same bowl.)
Uncle Levi, Mason and Logan drove from California for the big day, so the night before Mason slept at our house and the morning of they got ready and we went to pick up Garred. It was cute to listen to Mason prepare Ellie from her experience.
We got to the church and Ellie changed into her baptismal dress. They offer either a pant suit or a dress...I said probably the pant suit, but I was wrong. Garred knew she would want the dress, and I realized it was ME that would want the pant suit, Ellie OF COURSE, would pick the dress!
There were several other kids being baptized that day and we were excited that Ellie got to go first. Everything went perfectly. After her confirmation prayer and blessing she ran right to my lap and was happy the entire "event" and all of the uncertainty was over.
Ellie had lots of guests and loved ones attend. This is my favorite picture. Ellie and all of her girl cousins that she adores so much! Mason, Kamri, Ellie, Analia, Addie:
Ellie with her Nana, Abuela and her Grandma:
Ellie with Uncle Jed and Uncle Levi (she had uncles and aunts from her dad's side too (Courtney, Brandon and Kristen, McGarren and Lisa, - I just didn't get a chance to get everyone's picture):
Logan playing in the sand:
After lunch and some running around with her cousins, she opened the gifts people had brought. We then cleaned up and headed out....Ellie had to run to Kamri's baptism the same day!!!
It was a busy, but a great morning. And I am thankful for the sweet girl Ellie is. I am thankful she believes in God and Jesus and hope she continues in her life with faith and hope and a firm belief in God.
I am also thankful that even though Garred and I are not married, we could enjoy the day together. I am thankful we can be in the same place and enjoy the day, and that both of our families could be there and enjoy one another. I am thankful that our relationships are strong enough to focus on Ellie and I am truly thankful for the friendship and love that Garred's family shows to me and Ellie. I am thankful they are kind to Kevin and I am thankful my family is kind to Garred and his family in return. I think this is truly a blessing and something a lot of people don't have. I am more thankful than I could ever express in words.

2 comments:
What a great day!!!
Seeing and reading this makes me so, so happy!! I am the worst at keeping in touch but I do love your family very much and I'm so glad you had such a happy day all together! Congratulations Ellie!
Post a Comment