I don't mean to brag - but I was like the 5th or 6th grade champion and the one year I wasn't, I took second. (Damn that Chris Wilcox.) I love this game. I could play it every day. I don't know why, but I do.
I have wanted a hopscotch court FOREVER...and I frequently draw them in chalk and reminisce of the good ol' days when I played. This summer Mason was here and so I found my hoppy-taw and taught the girls a few rules....
Ellie following the rules...

Mason breaking the rules...

I told Uncle Jed that day (August 1st) that I had been looking for someone to paint an "official" court in my garage...good old uncle Jed called just a few days later "write this down, get a pen, you are going to want this" with a number of a man that paints courts.
We had to wait until after the wedding, but we officially have our very own "official" court with accurate dimensions and everything. The painter even gave us a brand new hoppy-taw!
I couldn't be more excited. So - even though Ellie's school doesn't have this...we do...hopscotch is the greatest game....come on over if you want to get schooled! (We even get Kevin to play....but I am the home champion.)

1 comment:
I saw that in your garage! i thought you guys did it. i was going to have you do one in mine! fun stuff.
Post a Comment