I was excited for Ellie when she lost her first tooth. It was fun to experience the tooth fairy and just Ellie in a new experience. Ellie lost another tooth on May 7th while we were out at dinner for my mom's birthday. We were in St George and yet the tooth fairy still found her. It was her third tooth on the bottom to lose.
Then...it hit....I went to pick Ellie up from school one day and she had lost her first front tooth (on the top) - her little friend Kayla had bumped her and knocked it out. I was excited for her, the first front one is a big deal...but oh my gosh I hate it! I am so over it! I think this was bigger for me than kindergarten or five or walking...she is getting big teeth!
Looking at her is so different now and it is just a reminder of how big she is getting and how she will just continue to get bigger and bigger. I am just so not ready for that. I am sure I will find as much joy in the next few years as I have in the past, but I'm still not ready. I love my sweet "little" Ellie. Does this mean I need to have more kids to do this again? Yet I am sure I will still feel the same way.
So funny side note...Ellie wrote the tooth fairy a letter to ask her to leave her tooth...she also left her $2.25 for other kids. Then...the tooth fairy left her $10 and her tooth! So....she brought the tooth to my house and left it under her pillow again (I think the idea was prompted by dad) and the tooth fairy came again...this time leaving a silver dollar. She was generous enough to know she could not leave it a third time. :)
Red Rock Canyon
15 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment