(More November pictures/stories to follow.)
Kevin made Ellie a quesadilla one night when I was in a late meeting. She told him, "They're not as good as mom's, but they are okay."
At the first of the month when it was still warm we decided to get the bikes down and go for one last ride before the snow hit. Kevin was taking down the bikes in the garage and Ellie said to Kevin, "You're the man of this house." A few minutes later while he was still getting everything ready and pumping up some tires Ellie said to me, "He's the boss with the secret sauce." We all just busted up. I guess she heard that on Sponge Bob (which I'm not 100% sure where she sees that show) but it was perfect delivery and so so funny.
One night while she was brushing her teeth and getting ready for bed she looked at her face and this is what she said, "I have a little bump on me, which freaks me out. Cause it's kind of like a little zipper, or whatever you call it!" She was referring to a zit and once again, she cracked me up. See if you can find the "zipper."
There was a song on the radio that said "counting sheep" so Ellie asked me how you count sheep. I told her you imagine sheep jumping over something and you count them as you fall asleep. The next night when I was putting her to bed she said, "Mom, could you google how you count sheep?" I already told you how. "Well, maybe you weren't right." This story is funny to me for several reasons. I don't think at five I ever thought my parents weren't right and I also think it's hilarious that my five year old knows that google has the answer to almost anything.
Ellie told me the meaning of BFF the other day, which was funny in itself, but then once again when we were driving in the car Ellie said, "Mom, is cousin spelled with a C or a K?" A C. "Well then Mason is my BCF, best cousin forever." So stinkin' cute.
Ellie likes to use my camera and while we were in Chicago she wanted to take a picture. This picture was taken by her; it's Kevin's mom Debbie, Kevin, me, Kevin's sister Carrie, and Carrie's husband Jonathon. After when we were looking at them she said, "I'm a good taker picture."
Which reminds me of one last thing she said, "Look at Grandma's cute hanger door."
Gosh I just love this kid and all the joy she brings me.

No comments:
Post a Comment