Grandma dropped Mason off at our house night one (July 21st) and this is how the night and the majority of the week went.
The next morning I had signed them both up for a day camp so I could get some work done - but then I took the afternoon off so we could go swimming. The rest of the time was packed with time together and time with Grandma. Dress-ups, sprinklers, coloring, play-dough, on and on non-stop fun.

One of the reasons for picking the week she did was so Mason could go to the annual Heath family reunion. Ellie honestly looks forward to this camping trip each year. In fact, just on Wednesday this week (when it was snowing in the mountains) she asked when we would go camping again. I said, not until the summer and she said..."But mom, you can stay in the trailer - but I would be outside; I love the snow." Brrr. But back to the summer....On Friday we packed up and took the girls up the canyon for the big camping trip. We don't camp often, but when we do - we do it right. The Heath reunion is a well-oiled event that runs smoothly every year. We didn't win the horse-shoe, archery, or gun tournaments, but we didn't need to in order to have fun.
Robin surprised Mason by coming to Utah early, but then letting her stay longer than a week so the fun was extended another few days. The girls did another day camp, had more crazy sleep-overs and even let Logan in on their fun.
Oh those summer nights. (If anyone just had a Grease song pop into their head...we are on the same page.) Grandma made a fun picture book for both of them so they would remember the week. And Mason is already planning on next year!
We are excited to have Mason back this weekend. She is right now, as I type, just waiting for Ellie to get out of school and counting down the minutes until we can get over to Grandma's and start the fun!

No comments:
Post a Comment