Friday, June 12, 2009

Baby Arrest



Yesterday Ellie got a pair of mini-handcuffs out of a "prize chest" - I was surprised it was something she would pick. Last night I found her arresting her baby.

"Ellie - what did your baby do?"

"She did a very bad thing. She stuck her face in poop. Her mom told her to go to bed and she climbed out and stuck her face in poop and then she got the newspaper and got arrested."

I love everything about this story. That she put the cuffs on behind the back. That she knew how to apply the word 'arrested.' That the worst thing she could think of to be arrested for was disobeying your mom and putting your face in poop.

I wish it could always be this simple.

2 comments:

LivingstonClan said...

I love this story too. Aren't kids the best. I think one of the best part of being a mom is listening to their hilarious imaginations--especially when they don't know you're listening. I'll have to remember to keep my head away from poop--or else.

Kate said...

That's SO cute. That Ellie is super smart. Of course, you already know that!